-
November 2nd, 2001, 11:29 AM
#1
eddie
Guest
Hi there
can anyone give me a lowdown on how to do this?
All my Audio tracks were captured seperatly from my pictures.
Ive tried 'locking' the audio tracks, but it still drifts.
Do I need to do something like Timecode my audio with my pictures?
Can anyone tell me how to do this?
THanks
------------------
-
November 2nd, 2001, 02:53 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
you didn't use a clapperboard then?
what did you record onto?
------------------
N305UDB M173UBM
(B55VOR)
(WGO963W)
-
November 2nd, 2001, 03:04 PM
#3
eddie
Guest
no, no youve got me wrong.
I can align the audio files (wav's) with the
moving images, using say a very zoomed in timebase, and shifting the sound clip left or right a few frames until it is perfect/.
But then when I zoom out of the time base, preview, and then watch it. The sound drifts after a couple of minutes.
Just wonder how you lock down sound and pictures....
------------------
-
November 4th, 2001, 12:41 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
this could be a couple for things:
1. you recorded sound on a device affected by wow and flutter rather than something crystal based (eg cassette deck vs dat)
2. it's a codec audio frames interleave problem
so.... what source media is the sound from?
are you using an avi mjpeg codec?
------------------
N305UDB M173UBM
(B55VOR)
(WGO963W)
-
November 5th, 2001, 08:20 AM
#5
eddie
Guest
Hi Miker, thanks for your help.
I think its probably 'a codec audio frames interleave problem ', but Im not sure what that is.
The audio was taken from a combination of places, mostly pre-recorded wav files created on a PC, and sound captured from the video camera. Also a few odd sound effects recorded onto minidisk and then uploaded.
This has all been mixed down onto one track and is now in place in the film.
Can you help?
Thanks
------------------
-
November 5th, 2001, 02:16 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I don't have an explanation, but a round-about solution may be cutting the audio clip in chunks smaller than "a few minutes" and syncing each smaller clip, so there isn't time for a noticable drift.
I've done that before when I've had syncing problems but it isn't perfect nor recommendable for a serious piece.
------------------
-
November 5th, 2001, 05:40 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
eddie,
do you still have the project and clips, or is all you have now a rendered movie?
to fix the interleave problem (if it is that) when you render the movie you need to poke around the advanced settings and find the audio/video interleave settings - when I used to have this problem (in MediaStudio) I had to change the interleave from every frame to every second (ie every 25 frames for PAL) and this fixed it.
I've never had the problem in Premiere though, but I know you can select the interleave (assuming you are generating an AVI and not a MPEG of ASF etc.. which can suffer sync problems when seeking through the file)
guess you need to fanny about a bit
------------------
N305UDB M173UBM
(B55VOR)
(WGO963W)
-
November 5th, 2001, 11:15 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Hi,
One thing to try, make sure there are no gaps in your audio time line.
It doe not matter if the various audio tracks are on diffrent lines/channels or that the sound is low.
look at the sound track as being a continuois chain, with gaps in the chain you loose sync.
Just ensure there is a sound track from begining to end of your project, wit no gaps.
Also defrag your hard disk.
I'm going now, I'am begining to SOUND like a bit of a bore.
Jim Bird.
------------------
-
November 6th, 2001, 04:19 AM
#9
eddie
Guest
cheers, yep thats my current fix at the moment too, but its not perfect.
------------------
-
November 6th, 2001, 09:03 AM
#10
Inactive Member
weer all rooting for you eddie 
------------------
www.5ylac.s5.com
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks